Sunday, May 12, 2013

Financial Independence

Every so often comes a feeling that you have never felt before, something that comes along and surprises you. Something that excites you and something that gets added to the vast inventory of memorable feelings and states of mind. Day after day comes the same feelings that we know all too well; hungry, tired, happy, sad, aggravated, stressed, even indifference. However, though we feel these emotions each day, oftentimes we misinterpret what we are really feeling for something else; we think we are hungry when we are actually tired and we become angry and aggressive when we really are feeling fear. Lately, I have felt the privileged feeling of what it is to be financially independent, a feeling I can easily recognize because it is one that I have not known until now. I have had part time jobs before to collect pocket change however what I made in a month I make in a week and a half now, and it feels good. It feels good to be able to help my mom out by paying a month of my rent and taking over some of my own bills for her. I want to give back to her as much as I can and the more I get the chance the more independent I feel. It is strange to think all of the emotions that money provokes, money truly is power, but what is more powerful is the feeling that I can take care of myself. It is nice to be rewarded for my hard work however though you cannot put a price on the feeling of independence, I can not only attribute it to the check made out to my name but the opportunities that come along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment