Monday, May 27, 2013

Where did everyone go?

Well as you know today is Memorial Day. A day where most people do not have work, go the beach, travel, or do anything with their free time. Well in New York City, that means getting out of the city, something that I will notice a lot more come the summer months. This morning I was going for a run, my normal route along central park, and noticed a huge difference in the amount of people. As I ran past the underground Apple store and Bergdorfs, there were very few people compared to the typical mob scene of tourists and New Yorkers. Even the line to take your picture with the Abercrombie model was non-existent. You would think a day like today (usually being a long weekend for families and great opportunity to travel to the city) would be crowded with people, but it was kind of empty. As I ran into central park I found more people enjoying the day, but it still was not as packed as normal weekends. I have come to conclusion that I am baring witness to the typical flee the city when ever you can summer effect. I would say who would blame them, but I am just getting used to and being able to explore this city! Why leave it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment