Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week Two Highlights



After finishing my second week at Free People I’m feeling more comfortable with what I’m doing, as expected. Familiarity is always something that helps make things easier. I am now comfortable with the websites I’m using daily, my weekly tasks, and even remembering everybody’s names…mostly.

On Thursday, at the end of the day, there was a meeting called “Big Ideas.” The meeting is held for all of the marketing department to see what is coming up for the next month, in this case for June. In the conference room they hang up new product and tear sheets separated by week. Then it is presented and explained. This meeting was so fun for me! Being such a Free People fan, I loved this sneak peak at what was coming. (Already making mental notes on what I definitely will be buying.) It was so cool to hear the thinking behind decisions made on the buying end of the company.

Friday, again at the end of the day, there was another meeting I attended. It was similar to “Big Ideas” but was focused on the email aspect. They reviewed numbers and successes of this month’s emails, which I found extremely interesting because that was something I dealt with at my coop. Then they spoke on the plans for the upcoming month’s emails, with format, product, and dates in mind. I loved seeing departments work together and effectively communicate in meetings like this.

Another highlight of the week was on Thursday when someone in my department, Naomi, brought in her dog, Marley. URBN allows pets to come to work so every day I get to see a whole bunch of adorable pups. I loved having Marley around, looking up at me and placing her head on my lap while I ate lunch. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment