Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fun Tasks with Pop Shop


What a busy time for Pop Shop! The start up company has been acquiring online-only brands to sell products in boutique stores in Philadelphia. At the same time, Pop Shop is also getting boutique stores in Philadelphia to come on board and house a pop-up shop. Combining the perfect store and the perfect brand is difficult, because every company has it’s own market segment, and they want to make sure they are capturing it to maximize consumer awareness and profits.  One brand that we are very excited to be working with is Milk & Honey. They are a customizable shoe brand based in California which has received a lot of attention lately, being showcased on the 4th hour of the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda. I’ve created a mock-up display for a Milk & Honey pop up shop this summer. Their pop-up shop is going to be great to create the perfect summer wedge and sandal.

I have also been creating many display sign templates for Pop Shop to use universally at different pop-up shops in the future. Creating universal signage for multiple stores and having it be engaging is a difficult task. I’ve created more than 20 different options so far, and I am still editing them to create the best signage possible. I’m learning that I am a perfectionist more and more, because every option I make, I find that I’m not 100% happy with the final product. There is always room for improvement.

I’m looking forward to my new task with Pop Shop. I will be going to a boutique outside the city to look at the store set-up, and mapping out how I would display the pop-up shop. I will be taking dimensions, and mocking-up a display on photoshop. Many new endeavors for myself with Pop Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment