Monday, May 6, 2013

The Power of Networking


People have always emphasized to me the importance of networking. Only recently have I realized that even your friends can be used to network for your career. Thanks to another D&M student at Drexel who is also someone in my sorority, I am now completing another internship at Elle magazine this summer. 

I will now divide my week up; half at Elle and half at LGC. This makes for a very busy schedule, one with long nights at times, but one that will ultimately pay off in the end. I am so glad that this opportunity is allowing me to get two different experiences. One at a fashion PR firm, working with clients and designers and the other in editorial, seeing the development of a magazine. 

Not many people get the opportunity that I have been given so I am planning on taking full advantage of it. Learning from each experience and discovering where my passion ultimately lies. But I urge everyone to network as much as you can and never underestimate the connections and opportunities that your friends can give you!

No comments:

Post a Comment