Monday, May 13, 2013

Sample Sale Madness


This past week I attended my first sample sale in NYC. This sale started at noon so I decided to stop by during my lunch break. Little did I know I would not just be "stopping by". The line for this sale was insane. I decided to wait for a few minutes and then realized that the line was not going to move any time soon and no way was I going to sacrifice eating lunch to purchase a new handbag.

So here is some advice for those attending their first same sale- don't go on the first day unless you absolutely NEED whatever they are offering. And if you do end up going, make sure you set aside the whole day to wait in line.

I ended up going back a few days later at an awkward time. I walked right in, browsed for a few minutes and then checked out with no wait.

Since I am the most impatient person, I don't see myself attending any more same sales any time soon. Not many of them are worth the wait or the stress. But if any of you are looking to attend some sample sales check out this site- NY Sample Sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment