Monday, May 20, 2013

Intern Life


Last week I went to get just one tooth pulled and ended up having to remove all four.  Therefore I was out of work for a week which makes me wonder whether or not my employer believes that I am really dedicated to the job.  The working world for an intern is totally different compared to those who have a permanent position. You are always on edge in constantly concerned about how people view you and see you in "their environment".  Although you work the same long days as the permanent crew I refer to it as "their environment" because you are like the new kid trying to belong.   So that means that sometimes you have to do extra work that you may hate just to prove to them that you belong there but who is to say that they will agree.  As an intern I feel like you are faced with test each day that place you in uncompromising positions.  You want to protect yourself  from doing that extra task that is not in your job description which may be a headache however it may gave you a one up.  But where do you draw that fine line???
Especially when they always ask you to do task politely " Do you mind" as if you can object!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment