Thursday, January 30, 2014

(Almost) Surviving the Cold

My faith in Vitamin C is gone. Just as the workflow turned hectic, I get a cold. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to be trekking through the city for an appointment at 8 PM the other night in the middle of a blizzard. At first I found it enjoyable walking through the snow but now I am regretful. I am hoping all of this tea and honey will do the trick. I can handle a full workweek, but definitely not while fighting off this cold. If anyone has some home remedies please send them my way!

Unfortunately this freezing weather is not helping my immune system anytime soon. I have been trying to be optimistic, but I don't think I can handle this weather much longer. I do not recall a time when I have been this cold during the winter. Unfortunately when you are living in New York or any major city, it is almost impossible to avoid what mother nature throws at you. Especially as a fashion intern, I have quickly learned how important it is to bundle up before work. One of my major duties at MJ entails going on runs to factories and various locations throughout Midtown. Even in the midst of a snow storm, fashion never stops. Investing in a good pair of gloves and coat has helped me survive the polar vortex while running all over Midtown. Keeping my fingers crossed for higher temps next week!

Aside from my hatred for the cold, I hope everyone else is staying warm and happy this week.

xx

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%! I've resorted to taking the subway to work, because walking 20 blocks every morning makes my toes go numb! I've also found that circle scarves are the best for covering your face. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete