Thursday, April 17, 2014

Beyond Store Walls

Hello Again!

This week I wanted to talk about a few things that are involved with my Co-Op other than my in-store responsibilities.  As I move forward in the weeks to come I will talk a little more about what I do on a daily basis but I wanted to give readers a sense of what Co-Op is like otherwise.

Like I said in my previous post, I take the subway to work.  Philadelphia makes it very easy to use public transportation and Drexel has a hand in it, of course.  For the month of April, I purchased a Student TransPass through Drexel.  I highly recommend that other students purchase a monthly TransPass if they are commuting to Center City or other parts of Philly on a regular basis because it makes life so much easier.  Rather than having to count coins and make sure you have subway fare, you can just slide your pass and be on your way.  It also eliminates the stressful parking situation that occurs in every city.  Septa also offers a student discount so why not take advantage of it!

Something else that I enjoy is the time I get to spend with my dad while in Center City!  Nicole Miller is located in the Bellevue on South Broad Street and my dad is a professor at the University of the Arts, which is also located on South Broad Street.  If I am able to get to work early or if I don't have to rush to lacrosse practice right after work, it is nice to be able to catch up with my dad.  We enjoy trying different, small eateries around the area and just enjoy each others company before or after a busy workday.  One of our favorite places is Little Pete's on 17th and Chancellor!

I must say, I do feel rather grown up these days.  I am working for a brand that is largely successful and recognizable and am scheduling lunch dates to catch up with my family.  I am starting to get a taste of what life might be like after Drexel and I like it so far.  I know that I will miss the familiarity of classes and practices but life after graduation may not be looking so bad.

Thank you for reading!

- Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment