Monday, April 28, 2014

Michael and I

This week I am celebrating my one month anniversary with Michael Kors. Our relationship started out with a few bumps in the road (literally) and long distance is never easy, even for the strongest duo's. So far we have pushed through and I have to say we are both extremely happy.

All jokes aside, I love my internship. Of course, it's not as glamorous as I imagined it would be, but I love it none the less. Being a part of a team that is making such huge decisions regarding a global brand is thrilling. I walk the same halls as some of the most influential names in the industry. Last week, I saw MK himself. Yes, it was from probably 50 feet away and a rack of collection dresses were half blocking my view, but I saw him with my very own eyes! I love being a part, no matter how small, of the Michael Kors action.

Last Thursday I helped prep the fashion department for an event MK is hosting in Shanghai. The attention to detail that goes into organizing the clothes and making sure nothing is forgotten is surreal. Everything must be checked and rechecked and packed and unpacked only to be packed right back up again. Being surrounded with such amazing bags, belts and shoes was a blast.

I can't wait to see what the next month's have in store for Michael and I. Rumor has it we may not be doing the long distance thing for much longer!

xo
Amelia

2 comments:

  1. I loved the way your introduced this week's blog! So clever! I am so glad your internship is panning out this way for the past month. Cheers to 5 more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post this week! I can relate to a lot of what you said about it being not so glamorous but still loving everything that goes into it! Being an intern definitely isn't easy but it is worth it. Also, I can only imagine the amount of attention to detail you must have to have. Everything at the Nicole Miller store has a specific way that it is to be done and I am sure that's how it is at MK as well! You seem like you're loving it though and that's what matters. Hard to think that our first month of co-op is already over, it feels like we just started! Looking forward to your next post!

    Josie

    ReplyDelete