Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Time is of the Essence



Being in PR I think the most important thing I have learned is time is always of the essence. Products must arrive to magazines before a certain date or they will not be considered for publication. Pitches needed to be sent quickly, sometimes with only an hours notice. Ordering products must be completed by noon or the shipment will be late. It is so important for my team to stay organized in everything they do. The people I work with are great at this. They would quick, but not fast. They are gret people to look up to and learn from. I am very fortunate to be working with them.

I cannot believe how fast this time at QVC is passing by. Looking back a month ago, I can already see how much I have grown. Walking in on my first day, I was handed a binder that gave me instructions on specific tasks I might have questions on. I remember looking at the binder and nearly fainting. I had no idea what any of it meant. Now, I feel confident in the tasks assigned to me. I understand the importance of the jobs I do, even when they seem minimum.

The next few months, I really want to continue to take in everything I am learning. I want to understand more of the company as a whole. I already see how many people it takes to make a company work and I am blown away. I cannot wait to see what the next few months bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment