Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Blizzards Outside, Fall Inside

I can’t believe how much things have changed since last week when I was writing about being bored. There has no time to be bored this week as we having been preparing for our Sales Director to go to Atlanta for another trade show. I spent almost all of Monday and Wednesday calling the boutiques that carry our collection to see if they want to make appointments to see our new collection. I also have been tasked with calling boutiques that we have found that might want to start carrying our collection. I find it so stressful to call all the different boutiques because I can be so awkward on the phone and there are so many pieces of information that I’m always worried that I am forgetting to tell someone something and I will mess up a sale. Thankfully I have been getting a good response with the number of appointments that have been made so our Sales Director is very happy with how I’ve been doing.
We have also been very busy this week preparing for our new fall line! We are shooting the collection next week so I have been busy researching ideas for images that can go on our website or other promotional places. This has been more challenging then I thought it would be because I want to give our PR and E-Commerce team new, fresh ideas but I also have to make sure that the images would end up being on brand as well as something we can shoot in the showroom. We also got the final samples in so everything had to be hung up in the showroom. While not a job that seems very fun or entertaining, I actually love getting to hang everything up because I get first look at the entire new line! Everything looks so great so I am excited to see how the rest of the office and buyers respond to it.

In the midst of everything that needed to get done this week, we had to close early on Monday and we were closed all day Tuesday due to the blizzard. While the storm was no where near as bad as predicted there was a panic on Monday afternoon that made it impossible to get out of the city. I live in New Jersey with my Aunt and Uncle and despite the fact that Shoshanna closed at 2:30 so we could all get home I didn’t get to my house until 6 pm… my normal arrival time! It seemed as though every office in Manhattan closed early so there was no way everyone could get on the buses they needed. I am hoping for no more snow days this year because I don’t think I could deal with all these crazy people panicking over the snow… or the snow itself!

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't know if I could handle all the calling, either...it's so nerve-wracking! And repeating the same things over and over sometimes makes you second-guess if you've said everything or not. Props to you for getting through it (and the mini-blizzard!)

    ReplyDelete