Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Painted Gold

Tonight, I was lucky enough to work one of our client's events. I first started off the day by helping the models get ready and change at a nearby hotel close to the venue. It was a little bit of madness getting fifteen models ready in three tiny hotel rooms, but somehow we managed. The girls ended up looking absolutely stunning. The fashion show was at a bar called GoldBar. The entire bar is painted and covered in gold. It has gold painted ceilings, huge gold and crystal chandeliers, a gold curtain and gold skulls on the walls. The gold colors of the venue fit perfectly with our clients collections, which was filled with animal prints and bright colors. We had an entire film crew at the event streaming the fashion show on Facebook. This has been one of the first runways shows to stream their fashion show live on Facebook. This was very exciting for all of us! The event also had fun drinks including our clients favorite, tequila, along with yummy appetizers.


The coat check lady and I became best friends because it was complete chaos when everyone was checking there coats and bags. She was so nice and even sneaked me some of the passed around appetizers. I definitely want to go back to GoldBar and see what it's like on a normal night and not closed for an event. Apparently they have amazing music and I always love to dance so I will most definitely be returning to GoldBar with my dancing shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, that's so cool! The whole "all gold, everything" seems so luxe, I love it. Do you have interest in fashion show production? Seems like by the end of this you'd be really well suited to help with the Drexel Fashion Show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; the atmosphere seems so glam! Having the show streamed to FaceBook seems like a great strategy, too. It sounds like a great experience for you, as well as a successful one for the company!

    ReplyDelete