Thursday, January 22, 2015

Starting from the Bottom

I work at Pacific Sunwear, Pacun. I have worked there for a year and three months. I started last October, right after I transferred into the Design and Merchandising program. I work at the Pacsun in the Montgomeryville Mall in North Wales PA. This Pacsun is a tier 3 store, but we are on our way to become a tier 2 store this year. This means we have made enough money this year to jump a tier to a higher volume tier. I joined the Pacsun team so I could actually see my progress and how I was improving the store. As a team, we all have great pride in jumping a tier because this means all our hard work of selling has paid off. 
Flash-forward to now, I’m currently working towards becoming the back up senior sales. I am one of the top two sellers of store. The beginning of every shift you are given a dollar amount, which is your goal to achieve. Most of the weekdays your goals are around $300-$500, while on the weekends your goal could be around $900-$1000. During the holiday season our goals raise significantly due to the influx of customers. We also have UPTs and ADS numbers to keep up with. UPTs means units per transaction and ADS means average dollar per sale. Each sale should be at least $55 and on average you should be selling 2.5 units. 

I work at Pacsun two –three days a week. I have a variety of tasks that I know how to do. The number one task to always do is to sell to the customers. I have to get new shipment out of the shelves. I can do exchanges and returns. After working at Pacsun for a year, my boss now lets me do some visual merchandising. I can design tables and wall displays as well as styling the mannequins. Unfortunately, I have been sick this whole week because of a sinus infection so I had to miss a day of work this week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I was unsure of how the tier system worked. Congratulations on earning a higher position. With your knowledge of what is happening in the company and particularly in the store you work in I am sure it was well deserved.

    ReplyDelete