Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blue Dot Sale

         Every year Pacsun does one big blow out sale right after the Christmas to make room for spring merchandise. The blue dot sale is legendary to Pacsun employees as well as Pacsun customers. Each year the sale is different and changes throughout the month. Last year the sale started off as buy 2 get 3 free and ended with 70% off all sale items. Needless to say, this is big deal sale at Pacsun
        Starting the process to mark down all the items was not easy. We individual had to scan all items in the store and see if they popped up as a sale item or not. If it was a sale item we had to place a blue sticker on the back of the tag. After marking down all the products, we then had to clear space in the store for where we wanted to place all the merchandise. I had to build a wall, which means I had to put up shelving units to display the clothes.
          After all the blue dotting and building walls it was back to selling and trying to make my goals for the day. Most days at Pacsun we have a task to complete as well as selling. It was a tiring day doing all the work, but its so satisfying seeing something you've made displayed in the store.

6 comments:

  1. Working in retail is a lot harder than it looks! I've worked in retail stores as well and it's not only difficult, and a constant task to try and meet your sales goal but add in creating wall fixtures and re-organizing the store and it is exhausting! That's cool that you can get a little creative with displaying the clothing and creating the fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work in retail and I would love doing tasks like that because it makes you feel so accomplished in the end... I also really love using the scanning device.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Customers don't realize how much work goes into something as simple as a sale! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the big blow out sale sounds amazing, but understandably the work needed to complete it doesn’t. It is really cool hearing about the process it takes to accomplish such a large task. I hope one day I get the same feelings of satisfaction you had after having your display in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely marking this event on my calendar! People don't realize the work it takes to give a store its atmosphere and to see a behind the scenes view of setting up a sale of this magnitude is really cool. I know I now look at the "brick and mortar" store as a whole now in addition to the items being sold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After working in retail, I understand and empathize with others who have to prep for big sales. It is much more work than the shoppers think.

    ReplyDelete