Saturday, January 17, 2015

Intermezzo

I can’t believe the holidays are already over and I am beginning my second term at Shoshanna already! My first week back has been very eventful already including attending Intermezzo, a trade show! Intermezzo was a great way to start off the New Year. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but essentially Intermezzo allows us to show are Summer/ Pre-fall collection to buyers from smaller boutiques. Buyers came from all over the country and they are able to see the newest designs from hundreds of different designers and place orders for their stores. It is a great way to see all the collections in person without having to go to hundreds of different show rooms. I really enjoyed working with our sales team to see how everything ran as well as getting to walk around and see what everyone else was doing. This show was much quieter then others so I was able to have a lot of time to walk around and see what other companies were doing. Although this show is quieter from some of the others that we attend, the number for being visiting our booth and buying the collection for their stores increased a lot from the year before so everyone was very happy with the way things went!
I also loved being able to go to the show because I love the collection the designers created for summer, as I wrote about a few weeks ago!  The fabrics and shapes they chose are perfect and winter seems much too long as I dream about the days until I can wear similar styles. Loving the collection made it so easy to be enthusiastic at the show despite the fact it was such a long day.

            One of the most important things we learned from going to the show was that we needed more stores to carry our evening line. Summer/Pre-fall is our second season doing an evening line and despite the fact that many buyers love the line, their stores were too casual for them to be able to sell it. The rest of the week was spent find stores to sell our evening line in and helping with other small tasks that needed to be done after everyone was gone for the holidays.   
Some of my favorite looks from Summer/ Pre-fall and Evening

1 comment:

  1. Before reading this post, working in the industry was more like something that would be happening in the distant future, than something that will be happening soon. It made me very excited to start a job soon and to gain experience. It was especially rewarding to know that the person who posted this posted 3 days ago, which shows how recent her amazing experience was.

    ReplyDelete