Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hippy-Chic

On Thursday night I got to work one of our clients events. It was the preview of their Spring/Summer 2015 collection. The retailer is aimed towards tweens and teenagers. I was very impressed by the collection because when I was younger the retailer had a completely different look. Now the company has completely changed their image and had clothing that I would even consider wearing. The collection was filled with aztec and floral prints. There was also some shirts with bananas or other fruits on it. It was all super cute and very summery. It reminded me a lot of the hippy-chic LA style. The bathing suits and bikinis had neon bright colors with again aztec prints and interesting geometric designs. The photographs they had on the walls were fun with teenagers dressed in the collection surfing, on the beach or doing something fun and active. The entire venue space was super summery and very LA. With surfboard on the walls, flowers, sand and grass. For food they had a huge surfboard with sushi and small bite size tacos on it. It was so fun and fit with the entire theme of the collection. I was very impressed by the collection and amazed at how much the company has changed for the better. I can't wait to see what the press writes about it and what shoppers think.

This weekend was so much fun and jam packed! On Friday I went to this amazing French restaurant called Raoul's with my boyfriend and friends. It was this small Parisian chic restaurant in Soho. The room has paintings and photographs and this huge painting of a naked woman lounging on a chair. The food was absolutely amazing! Later that night my friends and I went to one of the hottest bars called Riff Raff, which looks like your in a tiki house. Then on Saturday afternoon we went to brunch at Lavo for our friends birthday. I had no idea that brunch at Lavo is basically like you're in a nightclub but at 2:00 pm. It was absolutely ridiculous but a fun experience. Definitely one I'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment