Sunday, August 4, 2013

Growth In A Struggle

Never underestimate what you can accomplish in one day. Every moment is worth taking hold of, use it to your advantage, make it worthwhile. Yesterday was the first time I felt deep stress at work, a feeling I am no stranger to but one I'd like to be. I was worried that I was not going to make a deadline, as I had 3 assignments put on my plate on top of managing social media, a full time job in itself, and 2 days to complete it all. I put in extra hours at work that night but still felt like I wasn't making any substantial progress. I really wanted to finish everything before I left for vacation, as I am off for the next 4 days, so I kept on working, didn't take a lunch break and kept my focus steady. Now this doesn't end in me miraculously finishing everything, but that's not for lack of trying. Deadlines are extremely important but sometimes unrealistic. I gave it my all those 2 days and even surprised myself with what I did accomplish and the time it took to do so. No, I did not finish everything, but it will get done and in the right way. I owe it to myself and to my company to do my best. And sometimes that means an extended deadline to do things right. My bosses were fine with it because they knew how hard I tried and the work that I will put in when I get back. Don't let your energy go into worrying, put that energy into your work, sometimes a little adrenaline can be your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment