Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thinking Things Through

Work has helped me because it makes me treat life day by day, hour by hour even. Every moment counts so you value them more. A skill that I have noticeably improved upon is my ability to grasp my capabilities and how much time to designate in completing projects. I am more on top of my deadlines and see the world realistically because of it. Deadlines are so common and small activities cannot be overlooked. In turn, every action or step that you take in completing something is accounted for and recognized. The pressure at work is much higher, and appearance is extremely important whether it be through your looks, actions, or words. You have to be conscious of everything you project to the outside world and have a good reason for doing so. Being conscious of how you act and knowing your audience is a part of growing up. It has nothing to do with being fake or changing yourself for different people, and has everything to do with being professional. 

You never know when what you say or do is going to impress someone so paying close attention before you act is critical. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that co-op has helped me to grow and really prepare myself for the "real world". Having deadlines, knowing how to present yourself and adjusting your attitude for the work environment is all part of growing up and is essential for your success as a working individual. I am glad you have chosen to voice these things on the blog because I truly believes that everyone on co-op for the first time is also feeling the same way.

    ReplyDelete