Thursday, August 1, 2013

NYC Restaurant Week



One of the great things about living in any city is Restaurant week, which for some reason tends to always be more than a week long but hey, I'm not complaining. July 22- Aug 2nd is restaurant week in NYC so of course I had to take advantage of it.

The deal during this time is 3 courses Mon-Fri or Sun nights, $25 for lunch and $38 for dinner. This ends up being much cheaper than a typical NYC meal. 

Last Thursday I went to FIg & Olive restaurant in the Meatpacking district. I had heard great things about this place so that made for an easy decision when deciding where to go. We ended up ordering more than the 3 courses but it was so worth it. We ordered 3 crostinis (shrimp, prosciutto and burata) , which ended up leaving just enough room for our 3 other courses. For my 3 courses I ordered the gazpacho soup, lobster risotto and berries & cream on a waffle. The meal was just what I needed after a long day of work. 

Anyone co-oping in NYC or anyone who will be next summer has to check out restaurant week! Here is a link to view the restaurants participating and to book a reservation: http://www.nycgo.com/restaurantweek/?pid=hp-hero-1-full_image


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I have heard great things about Fig & Olive so I can imagine how enjoyable the three course meal was, especially for that price. Restaurant Week specials are exciting wherever you maybe, and in NYC taking full advantage of a three course meal for $38 is a bargain. I always found it funny that Restaurant Week technically lasts longer than a week, however, life is full of oxymorons and things that don't necessarily make sense but like you said, when you're getting a good deal how can you complain!

    ReplyDelete