Monday, August 12, 2013

The Views From Brooklyn



This past weekend I ventured to Brooklyn for the second time since I've been living in NYC. Somehow I always find an excuse why I shouldn't make the trek to Brooklyn but I have since vowed to go a few more times before I move out.

Since I was attending a concert in Williamsburg Park on Saturday afternoon, my friend and I decided to go early to check out the Smorgasburg, aka "Brooklyn Flea Food Market". If you've got an appetite this is the place to go. The whole park is full of every food and drink vendor you can possibly imagine. It also is a very short and easy subway ride from Manhattan, trust me. There is plenty of seating in the area, both on picnic tables or on a very small beach on the water which actually offers a great view of Manhattan (see above). This is a great place to go for lunch or an early dinner with friends. I personally would love to be able to go around and try every vendor but unfortunately I don't think that would end well.

Staring across the river at Manhattan I couldn't help but think about how fast the past few months have gone by (cheesy, I know). It's hard to believe that there is only a little more than a month left of co-op. While NYC can be extremely overwhelming at times, I have really come to like it here. This city has such life and I am really going to miss it. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to live here because I now know that this is where I want to be when I graduate. That's why the co-op system is so beneficial, it gives you the chance to try new things while there is still time to change your mind.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to hear that you are enjoying your decision to move to NYC for co-op, as I know I am very happy with my decision as well! I too cannot believe not only how fast the past months have gone by, but that we are almost done with co-op and onto our last year of college.. it seems surreal. I remember co-op seeming so distant in the future and now that it is almost over it feels strange! I never thought that I would be so happy and satisfied with my co-op experience and am blessed to say that I am. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and it is so awesome that we are developing professional connections before we have even graduated. I came to Drexel because of co-op, and it was the best decision I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete