Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One Goodbye and Another Hello

I start my day with my morning commute with my favorite stop along the way, Starbucks. I will start my day the same way when back in Philly, only my commute will be a five minute walk with my mocha in hand and headphones to accompany me. Driving to and from work has been something I thoroughly enjoy each morning and night. I share a car with my dad so some days we carpool however when I get the car to myself I automatically know it is going to be a good day. Listening to my music along the way to work is my definition of pure bliss, motivating me in the morning and letting me unwind in the evening. Two opposite feelings created by the same experience. 

When living in the city, I will not be able to drive however I will restore my love of walking. Being able to get to where you are going with your own two feet is an empowering feeling. Being able to transport yourself to where you need to be only using the vehicle that are your legs whilst not causing any harm to the earth in the process is something I look forward to. Something loved left behind, something loved to start up again.

When moving to Philly, I will leave my family however I will rekindle my friendships and connections at school. One thing lost and another gained, from one loved place to another. 

There's only one chance to experience your senior year of college, and my time is now. 

1 comment:

  1. Leaving co-op and starting back up at school with classes, friends and Philadelphia will definitely be a huge adjustment. Like you, I am excited to reconnect with friends that I haven't seen in too long, but at the same time it will be very difficult to leave my friends in NYC behind.

    But you are very right when you say "there's only one chance to experience your senior year of college". It really is hard to believe that this is our final year but it is also very exciting to see what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete