Friday, August 9, 2013

On My Way

I am sitting in the airport awaiting my flight to board. I had a great trip to Philly and am really happy that I came. I planned the perfect amount of time however because I really could not take another day off. I am looking forward to going back to work and getting back into my routine. The job doesn't stop when you go away, and its always at the back of your mind. The rest of the world just keeps on moving and there's always work to be done. I look forward to getting up tomorrow morning and going through the motions, a day of schedule and predictability. Waking up in my own bed and sitting in my own cubicle, settings where much of my day is spent. What a strange statement coming from myself, someone who loves change and adventure, which I had a lot of the past 4 days. It's funny how you get what you think you want and it turns out to be not as sweet as you'd thought it'd taste. I miss my team and am ready to get back to work and do what I am there to do. 


My visit to Philly was great though. I got to see and spend a good amount of time with my good friend and her family that I have not seen in months. I am happy that I got to wet my palette of what my life back here is like, seeing familiar landmarks and spending free time in a similar way. Spending these days in places I have not been in 5 months is a bittersweet feeling. It is funny to think that in just over a month I will be moving back here continuing a chapter of my life that was put on pause, consequently doing the same scenario to my job. Only this time I will be doing it a changed person, one that has had six months of work experience at a corporation. I have to keep reminding myself that my experience back at school will be different because I am a changed person now after having this experience. Having such a good job makes me feel like I do not want to leave and go back to school, I want to keep doing what I am doing so I can improve and grow in my position. I have to put it on hold though and remind myself that although I will not physically be in the office I am still a part of the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment