Friday, June 5, 2015

Arrivederci amici!

Tuesday June 2nd was Italian National Day, which we celebrated at Drexel. We rented out one of the large rooms in the new LeBow building to host the event. There was amazing food and a lot of people. The event was invite only, because we were also presenting the Consular Awards, which is an annual award for community leaders selected by the Consul. President John Fry was the honoree last year.


Here you can see my banner in action and the awards which I designed the frame and layout.

This year I had the responsibility of making/ordering the frames for the recipients. It was quite a long and daunting process, but I am happy with how they turned out. I had to help set up for the event, take pictures, and help with take down. Everyone seemed to have a very nice time and I met a lot of lovely people.  It was quite a chaotic event because we were also shooting a promotional video for Ciao Philadelphia, so we had to pull guests aside for interviews. Even though it seemed really stressful everything went as planned.

Unfortunately, this will be my last contribution to the blog! I will be taking 2 classes I need for graduation over summer term, so I don’t have the room in my schedule. I look forward to seeing where my co-op will take me and wish everyone good luck in the rest of their co-op experience!

Ciao!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment