Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bikinis to Tuxedos

Hawaii, specifically Honolulu, is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Unfortunately, my internship is unpaid which means I needed to get a second job to have money for living expenses. I work at San Lorenzo from 9:30am to 5:00pm Monday thru Thursday. On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays you can find me in a tuxedo. This is because I work on the waitstaff at Creations in Catering. 

At Creations I have been able to work sorority luncheons, Samoan Weddings, and company parties. I spend my weekends busing and watering down tables and folding napkins. Even though this job is very different than my job at San Lorenzo it teaches me a lot about customer service and how to deal with different people. Although not the most glamorous job it is much needed money and something to learn from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment