Monday, June 29, 2015

StyleBox

As I returned home from New York City after living and working there for 6 months for my co-op, I felt hungry and eager to put my new found skills to work. I started looking around for jobs and the first place I went to I fell in love with and got hired right away. The boutique I work for is called Skirt. They have stores in Bryn Mawr, stone harbor and they are opening the third in Rittenhouse in the fall. The Bryn Mawr store runs a unique styling program called StyleBox. The program offers customers who may not have time to shop, or aren't good at styling outfits, the opportunity to have clothes specifically picked for them, shipped to their house! It's an amazing concept that is really starting to take off. I was hired to be a stylist for StyleBox and help grow and develop the program. 

I begin a StyleBox by reading the online submission "style profile" filled out by the applicant, which details their sizing, style, and any specific items they'd like to see in their box. After reviewing, I head on to the floor and begin pulling outfits that I think would suit the client, including shoes, accessories and jewelry. I then review the outfits and narrow it down to the best 4 or 5. After, I type up a pamphlet that organizes the clothing by outfits and I list the prices. I then scan the clothing out of inventory and I pack up the box and ship it out to the clients house! The client gets 5 days to try on the clothing, decide what they want to keep, and send the rest back. We charge them for whatever they keep and the rest is completely free. I am loving this job and learning more every day about styling and working with all types of different people looking for different things. 

Check out more about StyleBox if you get a chance! https://styleboxbyskirt.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    This sounds like a really cool company with a great idea. It sounds like a unique service that would be great for so many working moms and women that do not hav time to shop. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley,

    I love the convenience of style box, like many other company's have successfully used this type of marketing with their products it turns out very well. It's great that you get to learn about styling and working with others needs because that can be difficult to get used to sometimes, as we tend to push our own wants onto people.

    Best of luck working the the company

    Jember

    ReplyDelete