Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Halfway!


As I come to my half way point at Nautica I find myself becoming more and more comfortable each day with the duties and responsibilities that I have here. I have about 10 weeks left before returning back to Philadelphia for classes. Because I have been growing more and more comfortable at work, I have found that my boss has been giving me more responsibilities and tasks. I have been to two additional photoshoots in the past two weeks. One was a photoshoot for the HOME collection at Nautica and the other was a fashion shoot for the Holiday 2015 collection. Being on set at these shoots are so inspiring because everyone comes together and is so creative. From the producer, to the stylists and the photographer and set designers, I have truly learned how much goes into just one photoshoot.

One thing that I have noticed is the amount of interns starting as the summer begins. When I started in March I was the only intern with the exception of one extern. Now there are 3 other interns plus some freelance people who come in periodically. One thing that my boss and other people who work with me have told me is that they wish all interns could do six months like we do at Drexel. I have noticed that a lot of the people in the office come to me for help because I already know what I am doing because I have been here for 3 months, unlike the new interns who just arrived. It is nice to meet other interns and work with people my age but I also feel grateful that I am here for 6 months so I can learn double what most interns learn.

2 comments:

  1. Your job sounds absolutely amazing. Nautica is a great company and I can see how it would be a good career option after graduating because it is a larger, theres room for growth. This is what I find to be the most amazing about co-op. The fact that you can go and "sample" a career path before jumping right in and not knowing what it's about. I can connect with having everyone ask you the questions because I am the previous co-op and know a bit more than the current since I have been there longer. I like to view it as a complement, people view you as a higher position due to your knowledge. With another 10 weeks to go you're going to know every trick of the trade and work will be less stressful and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to work on a photoshoot! It's a completely different side of fashion that I have never explored. I love that as co-op continues our employers trust us with more and more tasks. It is really nice to be interning for 6 months to be able to reach the point of taking on more responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete