Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Update


I work at Drexel University Barnes & Nobles as a intern buyer. I work with the buyer to buy the apparel, giftware, technology and school supplies. In addition to working on buying I also help visual merchandise our apparel. I help create and assemble windows and come up with creative ways to place the merchandise on the floor. I help receive the new merchandise and over see general functions of the sales floor. I work closely with buyer who has taught me so much about working as a buyer. I've now been working at the store for almost four months. I've learned so much over these past few months about visual merchandising, buying, as well as understanding your customer base. Moving forward in these next couples months I hope to be able to concentrate more on learning more tips for buying as well as visually transforming the sales floor. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really cool. I would love to be able to learn about buying and merchandising. It is really cool that you get to do many different things in the store including buying, merchandising and other things as well. Do you think that after graduation you want to become a buyer?

    ReplyDelete