Monday, June 8, 2015

Transitions

As graduation is approaching in one week, a few transitions are happening. The first is that my sales associate position at Knit Wit is on a hold because of many factors, but mainly because this time of year has come to be very busy for me. I had my "last day" at the store and it was bittersweet because I love the people that I work with as well as working in retail. It has been such a great learning experience working for a store that has been in Philadelphia for 50 years. I learned about the Philly fashion community and made many connections along the way. I hope to have the time to work a few hours here and there during the summer.

The next transition for me is finding a full-time job to hopefully start come September. I have realized how small of a world it is that we live in because I had a phone interview with a woman who happened to be related to my current boss. I was told that "Philly is a small town" and this appears to be extremely true and I can't believe I am seeing it so early in my application process. There are a lot of questions and nerves when it comes to trying to decide what I want to do after graduation, but I am letting the transitions happen as they come and putting myself out there at the same time.

My goal is to work hard at networking, apply to jobs that I am interested in while remaining in Philly. I am excited to see what the future holds and I have faith in myself and my education that I'll end up where I need to be to get me on the right career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment