Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Clean Look

 

Uniqlo recently underwent and audit of all of our inventory, with this audit came a lot of new rules. The biggest one that has a lot of people in a frenzy is our new dress code. The major rules that jumped out to me, were the way we now have to wear our hair down to color. Nail polish as well, we are not allowed to have an unnatural colors... meaning that all colors must be earthy. This may seem like no big deal but a lot of Uniqlo's staff is actually extremely expressive from hair to nails to make up. We already wear all black and although I truly have no problem with these changes due to the fact that I tend to keep my hair, nails and make up very minimal and natural, I know that many of our staff has issues. A lot of our employees come from right next door the Art Institute and appreciate the freedom to express themselves. 

From a business stand point, I completely understand how the company wants to maintain their brand especially since we are a flagship store. Uniqlo has a simple down to earth brand so it does not come as a surprise that they would implement a new dress code to emphasize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment