Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week off

This past week I requested off from work to take some time to hang out with my friends and family before everyone starts heading back to school. Plus, I had been working too hard and needed a break!! 

My week off started with a day trip to Brooklyn to attend the Smorgasburg food festival. My boyfriend and I are self proclaimed foodies and we were in absolute heaven. We spent all day in Brooklyn eating and drinking. It was awesome! Greg is also on crutches recovering from knee surgery so it was interesting maneuvering the crowd with him, but anything for food!!

The rest of the week I got to lay by my pool and relax. I also got to ride my horse and take some time to hang out at the barn which is my absolute favorite place to be. 

I also got to go to the Phish concert at the Mann center in Philadelphia to listen to some awesome music with friends and puppies!! 

I finally ended the week with a group dinner with all of my best friends from high school. We went out in center city for restaurant week with about 15 of us and it was awesome. The restaurant was delicious and after we went out to some bars. 

Overall, it was a nice and relaxing week and I am glad I decided to take some time for myself!! 
  

2 comments:

  1. I also went out to restaurant week with friends!!! It is the best opportunity for college kids to be able to afford high quality food. I took strong advantage of it and went out to Chima, the Brazilian Steakhouse, and Morton's Steakhouse. The amount of food for $35 was just unbeatable. Where did you end up going? Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so awesome. It is really important to take some time off especially right before we go to school. I have been trying to do the same!

    ReplyDelete