Thursday, August 27, 2015

To work, or not to work. That is the question

Being a Design and Merchandising major has one major perk, we don't have finals! This isn't always the case, but typically we do not. So that allows us to have three weeks of summer break. Working at the bookstore pretty much requires me to work during the break because we need to prepare for the fall rush. Since I am only part-time, I do have the option to give availability. Nothing makes me happier than working and really making a difference to help the company. But, this is my last opportunity to have a "summer break." Three weeks is not exactly a summer break.
The hard decision is to work through the break or take time for yourself. It sounds selfish, but it is very important to take care of yourself. I decided to work the first half of break and leave the second half for myself. It is the last time I will have a full break and I am using it to my advantage to go visit my best friend in North Carolina. I do feel guilty, but life isn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment