Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Overarching Goals



For last week's blog (8/5) I forgot to post.. so I'm wanted to talk about my overarching goal with Uniqlo and fashion retail.
|
I've always wanted to work in fashion/retail marketing, however attending LeBow gives you limited access to coursework pertaining to that particular field. The most you will get is in your marketing class and even that is just retail marketing and not fashion retail. During my sophomore year the program for the retail minor was created which opened a huge door for me and for others interested in fashion retail but confined to LeBow's curriculum. So upon taking on this minor and further researching how I will make an appealing candidate upon graduation in the fashion retail world, it was suggested I get part time experience working in retail. I was definitely enthusiastic about looking into some of my favorite brands for work, however from a business perspective I wanted to find a company that I not only adore fashion-wise but also company-wise. I looked at companies such as Uniqlo and Zara and Micheal Kors, however I was looking at these places as an organization first and foremost. I looked for company morale, as well as how satisfied employees were, and their overall reputation not just for what garments they sell but for who they are as a company. I look at any position I take as potential for growth.With all of that in mind UNIQLO quickly became my number one option. Something they were profoundly known for was their fast expansion and how they invest time in growth of their employees as well. 

So all in all, working part time as sales associate was part of my over arching plan to get my foot in the door with fashion retail, I plan to use this as stepping stone for my next internship... hopefully with UNIQLO.

No comments:

Post a Comment