Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Time in NYC

It's starting to feel like Christmas more than ever in New York right now. Walking home from work is way more interesting than it was in the beginning with all of the lights on the trees and the stores playing Christmas music. Along with all the eye-catching scenery in the city, it's also the time of year the office seems to be the most hectic. People were running around like crazy just trying to get mailings done in time for editors. It's nice to be able to help, although sometimes I think I can put too much on my plate at one time. I don't think I've ever done as many mailings as I did this week. One for Dollar Shave Club, two for Kerastase, one for Laura Geller, one more for Blushington, and 2 others for Urban Decay. That day I don't think I sat down even once other than lunch. But the next day was relieving seeing as I got that done all in one day and had much simpler things to do the next few days.
All of my intern friends that I've made and gotten so close with are leaving this week and I'm so sad to see them go, but I'm beyond happy to have been able to meet them and have gotten as close as we did. Hopefully the new batch of interns are just as awesome as they were.
Other than work related things, my boyfriend came to visit me and I got to show him around the city and get dinner. It was really nice to have a relaxing time after a crazy week. At night we walked around and got to see all of the awesome Christmas themed windows on 5th Avenue, something I've been waiting to do. Next on my to-do list is to definitely see the Christmas tree!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, It sounds like things have been really busy for you. I really like being up in New York for the Holidays. I love seeing the decorations. I am hoping to go see all of Windows on 5th avenue and the tree next weekend when my mum comes up for a visit. I have been heading back to Drexel to visit friends and also go home most weekends since it is so close but I want to make sure to enjoy the city at Christmas time since I am living there. I really like exploring the city and it has made co-op even more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying the beautiful Christmas decorations in NYC. My favorites are the Rockefeller Tree and the Saks Fifth Avenue shop windows! The Holidays are always such a busy time but NYC sure does magnify all the chaos. I am so happy you were able to enjoy the city even though you were busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete