Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rhinestone designs

My boss is finally back from Los Angeles, California and it's actually quite exciting to work with her again. I was held responsible for a lot of things by myself which taught my a lot of responsibility and I eventually got the hang of things. There was mistakes made on the way but it only inspired me to work harder and learn harder. This week I was assigned to pull together a collage board of accessories for the Chanel runway show in Rome. This was actually really interesting to notice that the accessories are all thoughtfully put on the models to compliment the runway outfit. A lot of these jewelry pieces also showed the current resemblance to the jewelry that was trending in the fashion world. As a jewelry company, it was important to gather this type of research so we could keep posted with the latest styles that could possibly inspire future designs. I was also assigned to create several ring pieces with rhinestones, which was a fun exercise to practice my creative side. I used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create some designs on my computer. It was not only stimulating my mind but it also felt like an accomplishment for me to be able to use these programs. I'm looking forward to the other design tasks that I will be assigned! Already three months down, and only looking forward to the continuation of my co-op experience!
 

2 comments:

  1. Working on the collage for the Chanel Runway show in Rome sounds pretty awesome. I think it is great that they let you use your creative skills to design some rings. Good luck with the last half of co-op. I too am excited to see how much more I can learn from this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanel Runway and the co-op will bring enormously positive experience in the sphere of serious design. I do consciously use this epithet as it is no longer any means of games!..........)))))

    ReplyDelete