Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Weeks 9, 10, & 11

These past few weeks have been all about planning for an event that's happening in the Boutique. This Thursday night is a champagne and cupcake kickoff event for our weekend long trunk show featuring New York based jewelry designer Stephen Dweck and a local handbag designer named Conrad Booker. There's just been a ton of promotional work to do for the Boutique itself as well as the trunk show/kickoff event. Hand in hand with postcard and flyer design is dispersion, sometimes including a welcome office break to run around the Bellevue and surrounding restaurants to drop off some postcards.

Additionally, my boss and I are working on redoing a curio display case in the lobby of the Hyatt at the Bellevue as well as a shadow box display by the Bellevue's Walnut Street entrance. Lots of wintery decorations have been ordered/put up in them and we're currently working on pulling products from the Salon & Spa as well as the Boutique to match the color scheme of them. Let's just say that during all of this I've become very framiliar with glue dots and glitter.

I can't believe that co-op is almost halfway done! My boss is phenomenal and just today was helping me aggregate projects to add to my portfolio --- we've done so much! I'm exited to see what winter term holds for the Salon & Spa, Boutique, and my role in both of them.

4 comments:

  1. Ellie, I agree that it seems crazy to think that Co-op is almost halfway over! It sounds like you are having a great experience with your co-op , your boss and adding projects to your portfolio. I hope your event and trunk show this week went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellie, sounds like you have been extremely busy but I hope you are having a great experience so far! It is so great that your boss is helping you with your portfolio and I hope that you are pleased with your work. I really hope that your event went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete