Tuesday, December 8, 2015

S+S Week Seven

As the year-end quarter comes to an end, we felt is necessary to gather for a team meeting.  This entails all the in-house members of the New York office as well as the D.C. office where the company originally started. Due to the small size of our office, we needed to book a conference room big enough for the entire team and making sure it was a more corporate setting. As always, tasks like these are left up to the intern.  So I decided to book a conference room in the Pillsbury Law Firm found in the heart of Times Square.  This location was sure to wow the team and keep them comfortable and organized during their eight hour meeting.  I got to the office before anyone arrived so that I could make the necessary arrangements such as making sure the space was clean and orderly, checking to see the projector was working and ready, collecting the wifi information, and that the breakfast and beverages were hot and awaiting the team. As everyone filed in, I handed them a lunch menu and collected their orders so that their food would be waiting for them when their 11:30 call finished.  During their lunch break, I ran over to The Skylark where I made arrangements to have drinks and appetizers after the meeting.  I wanted to see the venue in person and make sure the team would be pleased with the menu and the scenery. Although I was running around the city most of the day, I learned so much about the company from what I did hear.  It was amazing to sit in a room with so many brilliant people who had so much experience in entrepreneurship. The biggest thing I learned however, was planning.  I normally play things by ear, but this situation required me to plan everything very strategically, and this will absolutely help me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment