Monday, March 10, 2014

Moving

Moving has to be one of the most stressful, aggravating, but exciting things ever.  As many people do not know, I had been living in the Sheraton on 36th and Chestnut Street for the past six months in the anticipation of my new apartment being completed.  My apartment is a new construction that was promised to be completed by September 1, 2013; instead it was not done until March 1, 2014.  As annoyed as my roommate and I were about this situation, we still had a pretty awesome suite in the Sheraton, with free parking, conveniently located next to literally everything.  Although we had some pretty awesome things living there, like maid service, room service, and free utilities, we also discovered the hardships of living without a kitchen and our own spaces for six months.  One can only imagine how excited we were to move into our brand new two bedroom, two bathroom apartment last Saturday.


I absolutely adore my new apartment.  Although it is small, it is big enough for two people to live comfortably.  I have dedicated almost all of my free time to shopping for furniture and decorations ( thank goodness I have a paid coop).  Although, it has been really difficult for me to be on coop and move at the same time.  I had to move all of my things from the hotel to 31st and Hamilton Street after I get home around 6 pm.  After work I am so exhausted that the last thing I want to do is carry heavy things back and fourth, up and down stairs, to and from my car.  Now that my moving process is almost fully complete, I have been fully enjoying the amenities of my apartment, like the kitchen!  Homemade food has literally never tasted so good.  Words of advice to everyone, don't sign a lease for an apartment that hasn't been built yet! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new apartment! I'm sure a lot of people have dreamed about living in a hotel similar to Eloise. I did not even realize how much we take granted for sometimes such as a space to work on our projects and a kitchen.

    ReplyDelete