Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring 2015

The company I work for just recently moved office buildings before I started my coop here about six months ago.  The new office building features many new amenities that the old one did not; including an insights room.  This insights room is totally CSI style (minus it being creepy and in a police station) with a conference room and a one way mirror.  In the room behind the mirror there is a video camera that is used to record meeting and mostly focus groups.  We used focus groups in order to gain customer feedback and a better understanding of what our customer likes to wear, see, and try.  I was super excited when I was asked to have a part in planning our next focus group, for the collection of Spring 2015.
I never took Jan's trend forecasting class so the concept was completely new to me. We discussed going the route of a more trendy look and think that it would be an interesting concept to discuss with our customer considering our target market is a woman age 45+.  The women will be asked to talk about the garments shown, they will see a series of clothing items with embellishments, zippers, leather, ect.  Unfortunately, I will be ending my internship here before this focus group takes place and will not get to watch it from behind the one way mirror, but I am excited knowing that I have in a small way helped to come up with garments that will be featured in the Spring 2015 line.  

No comments:

Post a Comment