Sunday, March 9, 2014

Take a Bite Out of The Big Apple

As my time in New York City is slowly dwindling down, I couldn’t wait to take advantage of my weekend off. I decided to look back at my bucket list of all the things I wanted to do before co-op was over. The one place I still never made it to was the MoMa, so this weekend I set my sights on going to 11 West 53rd Street. I dragged my roommate out of bed and to the MoMa we went! There wasn’t one thing about the MoMa I didn’t love, everything from the views to the art to the building décor, I was in awe, and decided this is by far my favorite place to visit in the city. After spending so much time in the city I have come up with a list of my favorite places to go and things to do for future co-opies coming to the Big Apple.
Jacob's Pickels 

Best place to brunch: If you’re looking for a laid back and delicious brunch, Jacob’s Pickels is one of my favorite places. If you’re looking for a boozy brunch I would suggest Bagatelle or Beau, both super posh and delicious!


Best place for a romantic dinner: Revel is full of mouth watering food and a romantic atmosphere in the heart of trendy meatpacking. If you’re looking for a cozier and more low key spot, I would suggest Olio’s in the West Village, what could be more romantic than homemade Italian food and wine?!

Starry Night by Van Gogh on display at the MoMa
Best shopping: Soho, you can find everything from mainstream stores such as Zara and H&M to high-end boutiques such as Chanel and Balenciaga. Plus there are trendy and fabulous places to stop for lunch! And of course there are fabulous thrift shops in the East Village by St. Marks.


Best Nightlife: Meatpacking district, specifically any club or restaurant where Artichoke Pizza can be your final destination of the night!

Best museums: The MoMa, obviously!


1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing you last weekend!! It made me so happy to reconnect (see my newest post). I was upset that I couldn't meet you for brunch on Sunday, but from the looks of it I will definitely have to give Jacobs Pickles a try! Also, I have been looking for a restaurant to take my boyfriend to for his birthday next week. Your suggestions have made my life a little easier, because picking a restaurant in New York is especially difficult for an indecisive person like me. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete