Monday, March 24, 2014

One Door Closes Another Door Opens

Friday was my last day at Marc Jacobs. The day snuck up on me very quickly, and I had mixed emotions about it all. Of course I am excited to start the next chapter of my life, but it was very upsetting leaving. Within these past five months I have learned so much about myself and about the industry as a whole. I know what the pace of a high fashion brand feels like, I know what to deliver, and best of all I realize what I want for my future career. Aside from these realizations, I also connected with my coworkers and supervisors. Everyone I met has truly impacted my life in so many positive ways. Going into this opportunity I was unsure of what to expect. I like to have realistic expectations, but going into this opportunity I wasn't sure how everything would pan out, or even what to expect. Would I like my job? Would I learn a lot and make connections? Thankfully, I can say yes to all of these initial questions. This experience exceeded far beyond my expectations. It would be a dream to go back to MJ in the future and to work there again some day. But for now, I am looking forward to trying out as many jobs as I can before I settle. 



It's true what they say, when one door closes another door opens. As sad as I was that my internship ended, I was happily accepted to study abroad at the London College of Fashion this summer! Studying at LCF has been a dream of mine since coming Drexel and I am so thankful study abroad made this program available to D&M students. I am especially thrilled for the styling class. After working for a stylist for quite some time, I have developed a passion for it. That being said, it's going to be a great experience! Living abroad is going to be a whole new experience for me.

After working like crazy, I am looking forward to enjoying my spring break this week in sunny Florida. I hope you all are enjoying your time off or your last couple days on COOP!


X

No comments:

Post a Comment