Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Beachy Blues

The past two summers I have lived at the Jersey Shore with my friends. I had a waitressing job at night, while I spent my days soaking up the sun. This summer is the first summer I have a "real job." I was at the shore for Memorial Day Weekend, and oh how I miss the beach. I spend my summers in Avalon, NJ. The whole atmosphere is perfect there. I never have to wear shoes, I wear a bathing suit everywhere, and everything is a little better at the beach. This summer will be a big adjustment having a 9-5 job back at home. I am hoping to make it to the shore as much as possible. I think I will be able to appreciate the shore more now that it is a luxury. I remember the first summerI lived there full time, I barely went to the beach! I was just so use to having the luxury of the ocean being in my backyard. June is always the best time to be down the shore when you live there. The tourist arhave not arrived yet. The beach is peaceful and not burning out like in later July. June is the calm before the storm of 4th of July weekend. Everyone who lives at the shore knows that Fourth of July weekend gets a little too crazy. The locals I use to work with always say that September is the best month down the shore. It is still warm and it is completely empty. Working in the coporate world is going to be a big adjustment this summer, but I still have the best memories of living at the shore with me.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! Being a beach baby my entire life, I took it for granted. We have to get you into say the beach rather than 'down the shore'! Everyone will know you are't a local!

    ReplyDelete