Monday, May 19, 2014

The Most Wonderful Place on Earth

This weekend I got to take a break from insane work hours and jet off to Florida for some fun in the sun. On Saturday I flew from Boston to Orlando to meet my English family for some time at Disney. They are spending a full two weeks exploring the parks but I could only get away for a long weekend.

Yesterday we went to Epcot and visited a crazy number of countries in a very short amount of time. My personal favorite was Japan. My sister, niece and I all chose an oyster to pick a pearl out of. Our pearls were all different. My sister got a large creamy white pearl, my niece a smaller, dainty almost pink pearl and I got a gorgeous silvery blue pearl. We had a blast guessing which oyster would have the prettiest pearls. All three of us got our new beauties set into a pendant to keep as a souvenir. I love that the necklace is classic and doesn't scream Disney with Mickey ears or princesses covering it.

Tomorrow I have to face reality and head back to Philly. I have enjoyed my time here with my family and loved getting to experience the magic of Disney with my nephews and niece.


2 comments:

  1. Disney is amazing no matter how old you are! I've been there numerous times and always find something new to enjoy there. It's also nice that you were able to break up your routine a little bit by taking a short trip to Florida! I find that I am able to focus more once I return from a refreshing trip. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! Disney is the best place on Earth! It is crazy how family vacays turn into long weekends for the working girl!

    ReplyDelete