Friday, May 23, 2014

No Blue Skies or Cast

This is the first Memorial Day Weekend in 22 years that I will not be in Monmouth County, New Jersey at Loch Arbor Beach. Although, I would not mind so much but the weather here has been grey and rainy for the past week. I got so spoiled with the firsts two month's gorgeous, unusual springy weather. Still not complaining though! I am only in Ireland for three more weeks, then it's off to Ibiza for my last travel plans before I am reunited with New Jersey.
I have gained a true understanding from my experience abroad of what I actually can picture myself doing "when I grow up". When people now ask me, where I see myself in ten years I can tell them an honest answer and truly believe myself. What an awkward question to begin with!
I have to admit, I ready to see my sisters and family again. Not that I am homesick, because if someone said I'll book you a flight home tomorrow, I would say no but I would like them to come here! Abroad is absolutely the best experience of my life because in addition to everything I am learning, I am realizing and appreciating my loved ones at home so much more.
Waving with a completely deformed, fragile left hand! No more blue cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment