Monday, May 12, 2014

Retail

Let me tell you, commuting ain't cheap. commuting or moving into the City I decided I would stay in Philly and commute the two hours each way to New York three days a week. Little did I realize just how quickly the price of commuting adds up. When I first began weighing out the pros and cons of Since my internship is unpaid, I decided to make use of my four free days a week and take on a retail job. I have officially been working for the Loft in Liberty Place mall for a week now and I have to say I am liking retail a lot more than I imagined I would.

The team at the Loft have been extremely welcoming towards me and have gone out of their way to make me feel at home. Every associate and manager has taken the time to get to know me as well as help teach me along the way. There is a lot more that goes into working retail than I ever imagined.

My favorite part so far is working on store sets. Switching around the store and putting out new products was really exciting and fun. It has been a great learning experience to see how a large corporation handles the unique aspects of each individual Loft store through their visual merchandising. I also love working in the fitting room. I'm naturally really chatty, so making conversation about trends and fashion with women trying on clothing is a breeze. The majority of my wardrobe comes from Ann Taylor or Loft, so of course I absolutely love the associate discount we receive!

Until next week,
Amelia

3 comments:

  1. You- chatty?! No way!! I miss our conversations love! I can imagine that commute is no joke, props to you traveling that much each day and then obtaining a second job! In a couple weeks, I will be in the city for the second half of my co-op, we will have to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would usually say you're insane for taking on so much but I know you can handle it. I love retail as well and find that my co-op kind of gives me the best of both worlds as far as working with the behind scenes stuff as well as working with customers. It sounds like you really have your hands full this summer but I think once you make it to September you will be really proud of how much experience you got! Good luck with everything and keep having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that employee discount will be the greatest thing for your closet and the worst for your bank account!! lol

    ReplyDelete