Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Holiday

Holiday is the word being sung around the office this week. Yes as in the Chrismas holiday. Products are being shipped from all over to ensure QVC has the perfect holiday selection. When I begin looking at heavy jackets and fleece blankets, my brain is comfused by the beautiful weather outside. Preparation is the key here. Organizatio is a must. Every product that is shipped through the door must be recorded, photoshot, editted, and re-recorded. Everything must be perfect.  I septn 7 hours straight at a photo shoot with just products. Everything must look right in order to go into the look book. This is only the beginning my co-worker told me yesterday.

I am fasinated by the time and preperation that goes into simply catalogs that I take for granted. I see these flying all around my houe the day after Thanksgiving. Yet someone prepared this in June. The time line for products are skewed. This I find interesting and confusing all at once.

On top of the new Holiday products, I moved offices. Not just me, but 650 other QVC employees. To my knowledge it all went smoothly. I do not know how, but I have come to realize that everyone here works as a big team. I am proud to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment