Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pitch


My latest task have been pitches. A pitch is basically a list of products that fit a description an editor may want for instance in a magazine. I have been busy scattering the QVC sites in order to find perfect products to fit descriptions. Summer fun, toy store, pink, home decor uner $25... The list goes on. What I found with these pitches is that I have to search a little out of the box for things. I need to look at each pitch in a different way to maximize the products I can pitch and the likely hood they will be feautured. I enjoy doing this. Basically like a personal shopper for someone! I need to be careful because of inventory. I need to always make sure inventory is available if I am going to pitch something. Once something is approved by my supervisor, the editor will request samples of what he/she likes. Next I send the samples and the magazine will decide if they want to use them or not. If they do, I assume they are then shot or placed in an editorial shoot.

It is kinda cool to think that I am the one picking these products out.

No comments:

Post a Comment