Monday, November 16, 2015

Finding Balance

One of the best aspects of working in PR in my opinion is being able to go to a bunch of events and seeing the work we put in to promoting our clients to editors. On top of that, meeting tons of editors from magazines I know really well. Having a role to play during the event, even if it is just checking in editors and bloggers, still feels like a good experience to say I've done. This week, I was asked to work a SkinCeuticals event, promoting one of their products. Special guest, and Olympic 2008 gold medalist, Nastia Liukin, was there to put on a performance on the balance beam. The event took place in the meatpacking district, which was really cool to finally see. It's a place that I absolutely need to go back when I have free time.



I had to arrive at the studio around 8 am to help with final touches. The place looked modern and fresh, perfectly fitting for the brand. There were two time slots for the event, which meant that I was lucky enough to witness Nastia perform twice. Working here so far has been such an experience and some of the ABPR employees even said they will teach me to write press releases soon enough! I can't wait to learn as much as I can while I'm here and challenge myself to do bigger tasks in the office.

4 comments:

  1. Meg, that is so cool that you got to watch Nastia Liukin on the balance beam. I used to do gymnastics and looked up to her when I was younger. That's definitely a plus working for your PR firm to go to these events and meet famous/important people. I'm so glad you're enjoying your co-op and that's so exciting your going to learn how to write press releases soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This event seems like an awesome experience! You have made some awesome connections with people working in the industry and seeing Nastia Liukin must have been awesome. It is interesting to get a glimpse of the PR world because that is an area of fashion I have not thought much about. After reading this post and seeing what you get to do on co op am much more interested in public relations and will definitely look more into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in PR it seems that you are exposed to a lot. I have never thought of being part of PR but after reading this article I see that it is a lot of fun. I think it is so cool that you were able to connect with Nastia Liukin. This blog has made me want to explore PR options in fashion.

    ReplyDelete