Thursday, November 12, 2015

week 8

This work week was a bit short because I had off on Wednesday for a holiday. I am really starting to get the hang of things around the office and am now really comfortable at my co op now I have been there for a couple of weeks. I am getting a lot closer to my co-workers and the other interns. I feel like I can have any conversation with them about anything and ask any questions I may ever have. I am included in all meetings and conversations around the office, which makes me feel like a big help because I am able to give my opinion on important things.

As we have been getting more samples into the office, I have been in charge of inventorying them into the system. This teaches me a lot of organization skills because I am dealing with hundreds of samples from different designers. It is a great feeling to know that my boss and the fashion team trust me with this. I also enjoy sometimes dropping samples off at other offices because I am able to see other companies and how they work. This week I dropped samples off at Blank NYC and Net-a-Porter, which are companies and brands that I have always admired.

I also am getting really used to navigating New York City. I have visited many restaurants and beautiful areas that I will remember for the rest of my life. I am making great memories in this wonderful city with my friends. The top image is a restaurant that I went to for lunch in SoHo, which had an amazing atmosphere. I took the image of the Flatiron Building while on a lunch break with my friend. I am looking forward to exploring more in New York City!


4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you get to explore New York! Seems like you are trusted with a lot of responsibility and play as part of the team. I'm glad you are enjoying your Co-op! Looking forward to the other things that you have to do for your co op. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so interesting to read about people's different experiences with their co-op's. When it is time for me to be in a co-op I know I will definitely be nervous. You are so lucky that you are comfortable at your job and feel like you are an asset to your team! I would feel very proud to be included in all the meetings and to be trusted with the work that is given. It is nice to know that you have some free time to get to know New York and explore new restaurants. This post makes me excited for my future co-op and the new things I will experience there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading that you are not only enjoying your co-op, but feeling comfortable and feeling that you serve a purpose in your position. I too am interested in having my co-op in New York City. Definitely take advantage of the wonderful opportunities and sites to see! Your post along with the others are making me so excited for my future years here at Drexel. Good luck with everything! I hope you make awesome connections and create great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are great. I love exploring NYC too and also have a photo I shared of the Flatiron building. There are so many interesting places to see. It sounds like you have had a great time exploring the city. It is also great that your co-op employer is trusting you with projects that will help you learn a lot during your time there. I love being on co-op and learning new things too!

    ReplyDelete