Monday, November 30, 2015

No Breaks Week 9/10

This past week was insane for me at work. I worked late and helped as much as I possibly could. The beginning of the week consisted of giant mailing to editors for Gwen Stefani's new palette for Urban Decay. I set it up as told to and then moved onto the next mailing. This one was special because it was our client Blushington's first product on the market, a lipstick. I had to set up the inside of the box and print out what felt like a trillion FedEx labels to send out. The last send out I helped with was probably the coolest in my opinion. I had to go on a website my company is a member of and locate famous celebrities publicists addresses to send an Aeropostale PJ set to. From people like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, to Ellen Degeneres and Taylor Swift. I was awesome (yet a little creepy seeing as I has to research addresses) helping with this send out from start to finish.
I also was asked to work an Old Navy spring collection event which was beautiful. I never knew how cute Old Navy's stuff was until attending this event. I got to sign in editors from Vogue.com and Elle and at the end of the day I even got a free tote, sweater and workout leggings from the event! I'm loving my job so far, it's a lot of hard work with little time to sit down and relax, but it's so exciting. PR is now a definite option for my future.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg! I know you've been working so hard but it is definitely worth it and does not go unnoticed! It seems like you are working on some really cool things like working with Gwen Stefani's new palette for Urban Decay! It is a little creepy to research addresses, but that is super cool to send gifts to celebrities like Justin and Selina! I'm glad to see that you are doing such cool things at ABPR and are considering it for a future! I can't wait to read more about what you do. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been working on some interesting projects. It was nice that you were able to get some free things after the event. Even more important is that you really seem to like what you are doing and found a possible career path after college. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete